All Help topics
Tutorial: Using Spamfire
Setting Up Spamfire
The Mail Window
How Spam Scores work
How to Fight Back
Troubleshooting / FAQ
Manual > Troubleshooting
> Can't rescue messages
Can't rescue messages
If you are having difficulty rescuing
messages, try these solutions.
- Double-check that your settings are correct in the Preferences
Window. Error 101 and error 103 almost always indicate an incorrect
domain name or address specified for the server.
- If you receive an error that says "Command unrecognized"
or "command not implemented", try turning off Server requires
name & password in the Preferences
- If it looks like the message is being sent to an incorrect address,
you may have something set wrong in the Edit
Account window. There is a field that is labeled This account
receives mail for the following addresses. Make sure your addresses
are listed there properly.
- If you need to rescue a message to a different address, choose Rescue
To... from the Message menu.
- If your messages seem to be sent OK, but you never receive them, your
mail server may be rejecting them after Spamfire sends them. Some mail
servers will reject messages with an unrecognized return address. To
get around this limitation, choose Rescue To from the
Message menu and then specify your email address
as the From address.
- Some mail servers are very slow about delivering messages from Spamfire.
You may find that you have to wait several minutes before the messages
arrive in your in-box.
- If you still have trouble, you can examine the SMTP transactions in
the debug console.
- Instead of using the Rescue command, you can save
the messages to an mbox file.