All Help topics
Tutorial: Using Spamfire
Setting Up Spamfire
The Mail Window
How Spam Scores work
How to Fight Back
Troubleshooting / FAQ
Manual > Setting up
Spamfire > Spamfire Preferences
> Friends List > Import your
address book manually
Import your address book manually
Spamfire will try to locate and import the address book of your usual
If Spamfire has trouble importing the address book automatically, you
can and should import it manually.
You can import the program's address book file directly if you know where
it is located on your hard drive. Often, though, it is easier to do
- Leave Spamfire open.
- Open your email program and then open its address book.
- Look for a way to save or export the address book to a text file.
You will probably find a save or export command in the File menu.
- Save the text file in a convenient place, such as on your desktop.
- Switch back to Spamfire.
- If you are using the Set Up Assistant, click
the Import button. If you are using the Preferences
window, click the Import button, then click Other Address
Book File, and then click Choose File.
- Locate the file you saved in step 4.