All Help topics
Tutorial: Using Spamfire
Setting Up Spamfire
The Mail Window
How Spam Scores work
How to Fight Back
Troubleshooting / FAQ
Manual > Setting up
Spamfire > Spamfire Preferences
> The Filter List
The Filter List
The Filters tab is where you can add, edit, delete or disable Spamfire
filters. Spamfire comes with hundreds of built-in filters and you can
create your own filters too. Info
- If you check Install Updates Automatically, Spamfire
will automatically download and install filter updates from the Matterform.com
server. See About Filter Updates.
- Filters are stored as XML files, located in your Spamfire Preferences
folder. These XML files are displayed in the Spamfire filters list.
- Click the expander icon to the left of each filter file to show or
hide the filter sets in that file. Click the expander icon to the left
of each filter set to show or hide the filters in that file.
- How to edit or add a filter.
- You can add filter set to any file by selecting the file and clicking
Add Filter Set... To add a new filter file, make sure that nothing
is selected in the Filter List (you can shift-click an item to turn
off its selection) and then click Add Filter File...
- You can delete any filter, filter set or filter file by selecting
it and clicking Delete... You can change the name of an item
by selecting it and clicking Edit...
- How filters are applied.