All Help topics
Tutorial: Using Spamfire
Setting Up Spamfire
The Mail Window
How Spam Scores work
How to Fight Back
Troubleshooting / FAQ
Manual > The Revenge Menu
> Report Spam to Matterform
Report Spam to Matterform
If you report a spam, we can make and publish a filter that will intercept
that spam for all Spamfire Pro users. We urge you to report spam
to us. It's an easy way to stop spam that benefits all Spamfire users.
To report spam, do the following:
- Locate the spam in the Spamfire
Mail Window. Do not report spam if you cannot find it in the Spamfire
Mail Window, since that would indicate a setting
problem in Spamfire.
- Make sure this is a miss caused by a filter inadequacy, not a miss
caused by an incorrect setting. Here's how
- Make sure the message's spam score
is less than 40. We generally do not create filters for messages that
already score 40 or more.
- Select the message in the Mail Window and choose Report to
Matterform from the Revenge
menu. This will send the message to our reporting mailbox in exactly
the format we require.
You can also redirect spam to email@example.com. However, we
prefer that you use Revenge menu to report spam, because
this results in cleaner, more usable submissions. If you do send reports
by email, please:
- Use the Redirect command in your mail program, not the Forward command.
- Don't add any notes to the message or change the subject line. You
don't need to say "Spamfire missed this one" or anything like that.
Just send the message in its original form.
- Don't worry about including the message headers. Headers are useful
for tracing spam to the actual sender, but not very useful for identifying
future spam. We rarely use the message headers and rely much more on
the message content.