All Help topics
Tutorial: Using Spamfire
Setting Up Spamfire
The Mail Window
How Spam Scores work
How to Fight Back
Troubleshooting / FAQ
Manual > about > What's New in this Version
What's New in this Version
Following are highlights of new features in version 1.6. For complete
details, or for versions later than 1.6, please see the Version
- Updated filtering engine with the following new features:
- New Spamfire.net Remote Filters. When the local
Spamfire filters are not enough for Spamfire to make a reliable
decision, Spamfire will extract the domain names from an email message
and transmit them to the Spamfire.net filter servers. The domain
names are compared against our huge database of known spammer Web
sites. If a match is found, the message is marked as Spam Positive
and Spamfire intercepts the message on your mail server. You can
disable Spamfire.net Remote Filters in the Spamfire Filter Preferences
window. See the privacy info about
this new feature.
- Faster filter loading, processing and updating.
- Cached filter results
- Improved background filtering (OS X only). The Background filtering
options are now available in a separate download.
- New preference to skip filtering of friends.
- Revenge options automatically skip over friends if you have them selected
in the Mail Window.
- IMAP and Hotmail filtering now much more reliable. Fixed a problem
where IMAP and Hotmail filtering was causing occasional crashes on some
- The Test button in the Safety Preferences
now works more reliably.
- Improved memory management when sending messages (includes rescuing,
bouncing and reporting).
- Various bug fixes.